Friday, April 27, 2012

Ribbon Wreath :: Lauren Brewer

Happy Friday!  Lauren here from Lauren's Creative!  I am so excited to share a ribbon wreath that I made for my daughter's preschool class.  Next week is teacher appreciation week, and I cannot wait to give this to my daughter's teacher.  I chose colors and die cuts that coordinate with their classroom, but of course the possibilities are endless.  I have been wanting to use the super sweet bookwork face for a really long time - I'm so excited that I got to use it on such a special project.

I made a similar wreath last fall, and I received a lot of requests for a video tutorial.  This is just a quick overview of how to put together a ribbon wreath.  I hope that it's helpful, but if you have any questions - please let me know!





I didn't mention exactly how much ribbon I used...that's a little difficult because I I ended up using some ribbon that I had on hand and some that I had bought specifically for this project.  I would estimate that you need AT LEAST 25 yards of ribbon.  I always can find a use for leftover ribbon, so I would rather have more than not enough.
My die cuts and mini-chalkboard are all hot glued to the wreath.  The Peachy Keen faces add so much personality to the simplest of images. 
I used the PK460-Happy Lashes Face Assortment for this sweet little bumblebee.



The super cute bookwork face is from the PK755 Critter Faces Set A Large set.  I found that little chalkboard in the Target $1 section last week.  It's supposed to be a plant marker, but I removed the stake for this project.  

Thank you so much for stopping by today! 

16 comments:

debz said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! Love it.

Anonymous said...

I love the wreath and I am making a similar one for my son's teacher. I wanted to know where you got your black board on the wreath. I just love it!

Suzy said...

Lauren the teacher is going to be SO excited to receive this. What a fun project. Thanks for sharing how you made it.

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Colorful & so pretty. Especially like the Bee.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"

Glora said...

WOW, AMAZING, seriously AMAZING!!!!! I just LOVE this SO much!!!!! Her teacher is going to feel so special and loved. Hugs- Glora

Kim H said...

OMG! this just put the BIGGEST smile on my face! I LOVE how bright, cheerful and happy this makes me feel! I LOVE it! AWESOME wreath!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

This is beautiful!!! I love it!

Brenda Wooten Porter said...

this is awesome!! love all the colors!! thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Jewels - I got the mini-blackboard at Target. It is a "chalkboard plant marker." It was in the $1 section. Hope that helps! Thanks! Lauren

Michelle said...

I LOVE how it came out!!

Jennie Garcia said...

Lauren, that is too fabulous!! I LOVE the tutorial!! So awesome!!
TFS!! Take Care!!
Jennie @ http://earthyscrap.blogspot.com/

Cassandra said...

Lauren..this is absolutely AMAZING!! Any teacher would be so lucky to receive this! My favorite part (besides all the pretty ribbon) is the cute little bookworm!!! AWESOME JOB!!!

Wandy said...

I absolutely love this! Gorgeous!!! Tfs!!!!
Hugs, Wandy

Cindy :) said...

saw this on your blog and left you some love, but it's so awesome I'm leaving some "love" here tooo :) fabulous, gorgeous, perfect :)

Anonymous said...

Have you considered making these for others to purchase? I am a 4th grade teacher and cannot seem to find a name board/wreath that I like. However, I love your wreath! Let me know if you would be interested in this!

Jolene Barron said...

I was about to ask the same thing as the previous comment. I would LOVE to purchase one of these from you if you would be willing to make one. You can contact me at jobarron@ptd.net if you are interested. Thanks! Jolene :o)