Friday, April 13, 2012

Better Late Than Never :: Heather Hoffman



Don't miss out on NEW Faces this weekend and a SUPER SAVINGS of 20% OFF*!
*some exclusions apply, please see shop for details

**********************************************
Good morning - Heather here from Houses Built of Cards. I have some Peachy fun to share with you - don't know how - but this post got kind of long! Sorry about that! I decided to use a bunch of different sets, and play a little more with my Silhouette Cameo and an SVG file that I found. I have more information on the SVG file on my blog if you want to find out more. Anyway, here is what I made with it:
And here are all the Peachy sets I used! I used the newest Kit of the Month for the sentiments. There are so many versatile sentiments in this kit - as well as the expected cute peachy faces and all those adorable clocks:


I managed to sneak this background on the bottom of the card - right on top of the pattern paper! This set is so perfect for a background, and I love that it works on masculine cards really well:

Used this set to give my little turtle a hairpiece - so fun! This set adds so much character to your faces:

And finally, I used one of the gnome faces from the March Kit of the month - these faces are great for so much more than just the characters that come in the kits! LOVE that! More bang for your buck is always good:

I also used an Action Wobble, that you can also purchase from Peachy Keen:


Whew...okay - now back to my project! I used some Authentique 6x6 paper (the reverse side) for the turtle. Inked the edges with Tim Holtz distress ink in Antique Photo, and then attached some of the layers with foam adhesive for dimension.
I stamped his face and "hair," colored in the eyes with a white gel pen, added some "cheeks" and colored the nose with a Copic marker. Finished off by putting Glossy Accents on the eyes and nose.  
I curved the top sentiment when I stuck it to my clear block, so it would stamp in a curve to match the shape of the turtle. Also couldn't resist a few doodles with my white gel pen on the turtle. 
The background paper is all from an older Basic Grey 6x6 paper pad, Indie Bloom. I inked the edges of it with the same distress ink as the turtle. Then the background stamp I just stamped right on top of the pattern paper - I think it came out kinda fun!
And yep! Here are a couple shots of the turtle in motion with his Action Wobble! 


They really are so much fun!!! Anyway, I finished off with some Baker's twine and faux stitching around the outside edges.
Thanks so much for stopping by to visit today! Have a wonderful day - and weekend!!!

7 comments:

JaniceA said...

Cute, cute! Love the turtle and the sweet face. I love the way you stamped over printed paper, great idea!

Saundra said...

This is so cute, Heather! Love the stamped background on the patterned paper!

Melissa said...

Sweet Turtle!

Glora said...

Awesome job Heather! Your stamp choices are AWESOME. That face is too cute on him! Hugs- Glora

Cindy :) said...

awesome card, perfectly masculine :) a lot of great ideas you implemented, great job Heather!
I bought pk-150 a few mths ago and can you believe I haven't used it yet :) I want to get it inky, just waiting for the right challenge :)

Gilchristjdtp said...

Awesome job Heather! Your stamp choices are AWESOME. That face is too cute on him! Hugs- Glora

Jenniferohed said...

Sweet Turtle!