Friday, March 16, 2012

Rainbow Birthday :: Kristi Bennett

Hello Peachies!! Kristi here from Little Paper Sprinkles with a super fun card for you today!
I just loved the rainbow in the February SOTM and I have been super anxious to use it! So I finally had the perfect idea, I wanted to layer it!

To start my project I cut a 4 1/4 x 11 piece of cardstock and folded for card base. The Polka dot strips are cut from DCWV All about girls paper pad, I cut them at 1" x 6" and then cut the "banner" cuts layer them on card base and cut according to where I wanted them placed. The Kraft layer underneath the rainbow is cut at 4 1/4 x 2 1/2.

Now onto the Rainbow!!
For the Rainbow I stamped the rainbow 6 times and then each layer I stamped a " different color using the Houndstooth Background from Market Street Stamps, then I cut, inked and layered the pieces on top of each other creating a 3-d effect. I Then stamped the "cloud/beer foam" from the same stamp set and then I just had to add a face from FAVE stamp set "Happy Lashes" The Happy Birthday Sentiment is from the Feb. SOTM!

Then the finishing touches. Add Faux stitching, my fave pen for this is the Gelly Roll Pen, then add buttons! What a fun super cute card! Who doesn't love Rainbows and clouds? :)



Feb. SOTM
PKSC-02 February 2012

Have a PEACHY DAY!!

4 comments:

Glora said...

Kristi this is so cute. I love the Happy Lash faces SO much!!!! Terrific job! Hugs- Glora

Shawnee said...

This is super cute. I love all the details. Great job!

Jennie Garcia said...

I LOVE this card!! I love the rainbow technique!! So adorable!!
TFS!! Take Care!!
Jennie @ http://earthyscrap.blogspot.com/

Liz O. said...

How cute! TFS
Liz